Wednesday 31 August 2016

An august month


I'm afraid it's been a bit of a slack month with progress made in only a couple of directions and the only thing accomplished (and finished) was the thing I'm least proud of. Oh well, better make September more productive...



Continuing with the film watching, I saw 'The Good, The Bad and The Ugly' and 'Goodfellas' both of which were longer than I remembered. It all seems a bit dated now but a good way to appreciate the filmic qualities (which you're free to do when you already know the story) and to see what your memory does not retain.

Always interesting to see how you can't keep your eyes off De Niro and he's always absolutely the character he's playing, in contrast with Eastwood, who is always Rowdy Yates. "Rollin' rollin' rollin'. Keep them dawgies rollin'..."


I told a deliberate lie this month, too.  Didn't feel good - never does.


On 8th August, 100 days exactly after my birthday, i put the hundredth pound into my savings. It is interesting how easy it has been to save a £1 a day and now I feel quite rich, I'll keep it going and aim to have the £365 saved by next May and, then, do something unusual with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment