Wednesday 1 June 2016

May Progress

One month in and the following things have happened:

I have begun documenting my 61st year, via this blog;
I have begun saving £1 a day and now have £31 deposited in my piggy bank;
I have done something nice for a stranger (although this was achieved via courtesy whilst driving);
I have begun learning a circus skill (diabolo - more challenging than it looks);
I have written a letter to Brian Blessed and posted it.
I have worn nail varnish in public - 2nd May, I wore it all day.

So I'm on track - 60 things in 12 months is 5 a month. Some of them are begun but not complete and some of them will be revisited.

The one that's truly complete, though, is writing a letter to Brian Blessed. To help that process, some of my birthday presents were a writing pad, a pack of envelopes, a Parker fountain pen and Brian's autobiography "Absolute Pandemonium", so I wrote him a short two-side letter, telling him why I was writing and asking him some questions based upon what I had read in his book. There's a photo of the handwritten letter on FB. I have no expectation of him replying - I had to write to him via an address his FB page provided - but we'll see.

I'm writing this in a cafe in Melton Mowbray, footling away a day whilst waiting for Sue to enjoy her day of pampering at Ragdale Hall. The footling is supposed to involve some marking and it will. But not till I'm really bored.

More next month...

4 comments:

  1. Very impressive! I'm looking forward to the cowboy outfit in public though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete